• Photobucket"/>

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Havana in the time of Hemingway


I am lucky enough to be best friends with the oh-so-talented Stacy Snyder of The Hip Hurrah, who needed an invite designed for the 2nd Annual San Clemente Garden Party she was in charge of planning. She chose the brilliant theme of "Havana in the time of Hemingway", which is sure to be one of the most amazing parties anyone would be lucky enough to attend. 

By looking at her vision for the party via her pins on Pinterest, I chose my favorites to use for inspiration for the design 


I found the Habana font at Lost Type, then used Traveling Typewriter from dafont as a nod to Hemingway's writing, and his signature for his name at the top. I am totally enamored with the idea of throwing a party inspired by the life of your favorite author; parties about books have been done before, but this idea is so fresh! What would your party theme be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment