• Photobucket"/>

Monday, August 20, 2012

Senior Rep Feature No. 1: Sam D.

I have to admit, when I was prepping for Sam's shoot I was really focused on how I should direct her to pose and look natural in pictures. She is the "sporty" one after all- rarely wears makeup, almost always dresses in gym clothes, has her hair in a ponytail, and can almost always be seen with a soccer ball in her hand. She is already slated to play soccer at NAU next year, so she's just about as athletic as they come. I figured that a girl that doesn't get dolled up all that often would probably be uncomfortable and maybe a little awkward being photographed, so I was prepared to really work with her to bring out her inner model. I have never been so wrong in my life.

This girl BROUGHT IT. After 5 minutes of shooting I was flipping out inside and trying to stay cool on the outside because I couldn't believe how amazing she looked. Just quick, one word directions was all I gave her and she ran with it. And man, those eyes. I know it's hard to believe, but I did not post process her eyes to pop like that. When I adjusted the light in the images, that is the way they turned out. They are popping like it's hot right about now.


It was so hot, but she was so sweet and tolerant and tried things that I suggested even when they sounded ridiculous. Leah did an incredible job on her hair and makeup- so natural but still dramatic enough to make her features stand out in photos. Also, I love her blue streak that peeks out from the back that Leah did for her.

I have the next Senior Rep shoot this week, and I can't wait to see what we come up with for the other girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment